Students register for one or more of our unique PACE courses (core or electives) in grades 10-12 and apply these credits towards their graduation program at their home school or as full time PACE students at Navigate (NIDES).
These courses include:
○ Career Life Education for Athletes: Career Life Education is a required course for graduation and takes the place of Planning 10. This course has a particular focus in blending athletic perspectives into career and post-secondary planning.
○ Physical Education 10, 11, 12: Through this series of unique 20 week, four credit courses, students complete the provincial learning outcomes for Physical Education 10 (required), as well as PE 11 & 12 (electives), by documenting their existing training and competition/performance program
○ PACE Applied Skills 11: This course focuses on the development of a personal website to highlight and communicate your training plans, resume, a portfolio of achievements, major interests, training background and strategies for promotion to recruiters, scouts and schools
○ PACE Independent Directed Studies 10-12: Go deep into a subject that reflects your passion in sports and performance. These two or four credit IDS courses are co-designed by the student and allow for in depth research and understanding of a topic with the support and guidance of a teacher
○ Sports & Entertainment Marketing 11: A four credit elective course that introduces students to the marketing fundamentals behind professional sports and entertainment, and directly shapes the lives of athletes and performers in these multi-billion dollar global industries